Cookies consist of pieces of text, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either â€œpersistentâ€ cookies or â€œsessionâ€ cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session and persistent cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
(1) Visitor identification
(2) Google Analytics
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to improve the websiteâ€™s usability;
(3) to analyse the use of our website;
(4) to connect to 3rd party services of benefit;
We use Google Analytics to track visitors experience so we can continually improve our site and provide you with the most relevant information.
This site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets number of cookies (default is 4) in order to evaluate your use of the site and compile reports for us on activity on the site.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Googleâ€™s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Inc are members of the US Safe Harbor Scheme. This scheme allows the transfer of data from within the EEA to countries that are outside of the EEA without having to enter into a specific data transfer agreement. Companies that sign up to the scheme are deemed to provide adequate protection for personal data transmitted from Europe.
Google Incâ€™s registration is atÂ http://safeharbor.export.gov/companyinfo.aspx?id=10543.
For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics please go to:Â http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.html.
Google has also created their own plugin for opting out of Analytics tracking, available from:Â http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking â€œToolsâ€, â€œInternet Optionsâ€, â€œPrivacyâ€, and selecting â€œBlock all cookiesâ€ using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking â€œToolsâ€, â€œOptionsâ€, and un-checking â€œAccept cookies from sitesâ€ in the â€œPrivacyâ€ box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the password feature on our site, and some navigation paths will stop.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so atÂ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you â€œclear private dataâ€ (this setting can be changed by clicking â€œToolsâ€, â€œOptionsâ€ and â€œSettingsâ€ in the â€œPrivate Dataâ€ box) and then clicking â€œClear private dataâ€ in the â€œToolsâ€ menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites as cookies are need for operation of most modern websites/3rd party integration features.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us. Details of how to are on our â€˜Contact Usâ€™ page.